Senior Support Specialist
Bestway is currently looking for a Senior Technical Support Specialist for our Information Systems team. This role will be located in our Milliken office. The chosen individual will be responsible for planning, organizing and managing the overall operations to ensure the stable operations of the organization’s IT infrastructure, network, telecom and desktop environment.
The Technical Support Specialist role is to plan, organize, and manage overall operations to ensure the stable operation of the organization’s IT infrastructure, network and desktop environment. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, particularly operational infrastructure, server infrastructure, and IT systems.
Strategy & Planning
- Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements (including disaster recovery and back up strategies)
- Implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for infrastructure, desktop architecture and network administration.
- Participate in the development of IT strategies in collaboration with the management team.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards in support of all information technology procurement and development efforts.
Administration & Deployment
- Prepare budget proposals and operational expenditure statements.
- Prepare work reports, and other documentation for operational and project related efforts.
- Work with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure infrastructure-specific products and services.
- Assist with the planning and deployment of infrastructure security measures.
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of service desk technology procurement and development efforts.
- Manage and set priorities for the design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of all infrastructure systems including intranet, security, file/print, Citrix, email, financial system, backup and Office 365 environment.
- Conduct feasibility studies for various upgrade projects, improvements/enhancements, and other conversions.
- Routinely test server performance and provide statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining server infrastructure.
- Conduct daily and weekly checklist activities around backup utilization, virtual machine health check, and patching processes.
- Assist with managing operational costs; conduct near- and long-term financial forecasts for expanded functionality/user base.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, decision-makers, stakeholders, and end users regarding pertinent technology activities.
- Coordinate and/or perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Track and analyze trends in Service Desk requests and generate statistical reports.
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on request trends and make recommendations.
- Identify, recommend, develop, and implement end user training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
- Oversee development and dissemination of help sheets, usage guides, and FAQ lists for end users.
Formal Education & Certification
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information sciences, or related field and/or 10 years equivalent work experience.
- Certifications – nice to have:
- CCA – Citrix Certified Administrator
- ITIL – Foundation in IT Service Management 3.0
- VCP5 – VMware Certified Professional, Data Center Virtualization
- CCA – Citrix Certified Administrator 4.5 Presentation Server
- MCSA – Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator
- MCSE – Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
Knowledge & Experience
- 10-years’ working industry experience.
- Experience with Office 365 deployments (including SharePoint, and Skype for Busniess)
- Strong knowledge of service and application delivery
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting hardware, software, and a wide range of client/server & terminal systems.
- Knowledge of current protocols and standards, including DNS, WINS, TCP/IP, WWW, FTP, HTTP/HTTPS, RDP/ICA, iSCSI, Microsoft and other vendor industry standards.
- Application support experience with Citrix, VMware, Nimble, Dell, HP and a host of Microsoft offerings.
- Experience with managing vendor relationships (Backup as-a Service)
- Valid Passport required.
- Solid relationship management and performance management skills.
- Ability to motivate and direct staff members and subordinates.
- Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- On-call availability
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
Please submit a resume quoting competition #BU17-0053 by May 31, 2017 to: BESTWAY Concrete c/o BURNCO Rock Products Ltd mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: Recruitment Fax: (403) 440-3454